Area is the size of a two-dimensional surface defined by boundaries.
The standard derived unit of area in the International System of Units (SI) is the square meter (m2). Common imperial, US customary and metric units of area include square feet, square inches, square yards, square miles, square kilometers, square centimeters, square millimeters, acres and hectares.
Common area conversions
- 1 square centimeter = 0.0001 square meters
- 1 square centimeter = 100 square millimeters
- 1 square kilometer = 1,000,000 square meters
- 1 square inch = 0.00064516 square meters
- 1 square foot = 0.09290304 square meters
- 1 square yard = 0.83612736 square meters
- 1 square mile = 2,589,988.11 square meters
- 1 square foot = 144 square inches
- 1 square yard = 9 square feet
- 1 square mile = 3,097,600 square yards