Teaspoon (metric) conversions
The teaspoon (metric) conversion selector above selects the volume measurement unit to convert to starting from teaspoons (metric) (tsp). To make a conversion starting from a unit of volume other than teaspoon (metric), simply click on the "Reset" button.
About teaspoon (metric)
The teaspoon, or metric teaspoon, is a unit of volume equal to 5 × 10-6 cubic meters (1 metric tsp = 5 × 10-6 m3), the derived unit of volume in the International System of Units (SI).
The metric teaspoon (tsp) is also equal to 5,000 cubic millimeters (mm3), or 5.0 cubic centimeters (cm3) or 0.005 cubic decimeters (dm3) (units of volume in the SI), or 5,000 microliters (μL), or 5.0 milliliters (mL), or 0.05 deciliters (dL) or 0.005 liters (L), which are units of volume in the metric system.
The teaspoon definition varies as follows:
- The Canadian teaspoon or teaspoon (Canada), equal to 4.73 cubic centimeters
- The Imperial teaspoon or teaspoon (UK), equal to 5.92 cubic centimeters
- The metric teaspoon or teaspoon (metric), equal to 5 cubic centimeters
- The US customary teaspoon or teaspoon (US), equal to 4.93 cubic centimeters
- The teaspoon (FDA), equal to 5 cubic centimeters
The metric teaspoon is used as a unit of volume in cooking recipes.
Plural: teaspoons (metric)
Also known as: teaspoon full, teaspoon (plural: teaspoons)