Teaspoon (US) conversions
The teaspoon (US) conversion selector above selects the volume measurement unit to convert to starting from teaspoons (US) (tsp). To make a conversion starting from a unit of volume other than teaspoon (US), simply click on the "Reset" button.
About teaspoon (US)
The teaspoon (US), or US customary teaspoon, is a unit of volume in the US customary system of units equal to 4.928921595 × 10-6 cubic meters (1 US tsp = 4.928921595 × 10-6 m3), the derived unit of volume in the International System of Units (SI).
The US customary teaspoon (tsp) is also equal to 4,928.921595 cubic millimeters (mm3), or 4.928921595 cubic centimeters (cm3) or 0.004928921595 cubic decimeters (dm3) (units of volume in the SI), or 4,928.921595 microliters (μL), or 4.928921595 milliliters (mL), or 0.04928921595 deciliters (dL) or 0.004928921595 liters (L), which are units of volume in the metric system.
The teaspoon definition varies as follows:
- The Canadian teaspoon or teaspoon (Canada), equal to 4.73 milliliters
- The Imperial teaspoon or teaspoon (UK), equal to 5.92 milliliters
- The metric teaspoon or teaspoon (metric), equal to 5 milliliters
- The US customary teaspoon or teaspoon (US), equal to 4.93 milliliters
- The teaspoon (FDA), equal to 5 milliliters
Plural: teaspoons (US)
Also called: teaspoon full, teaspoon (US) (plural: teaspoons (US))