Cup (metric) conversions
The cup (metric) conversion selector here selects the volume measurement unit to convert to starting from cups (metric). To make a conversion starting from a unit of volume other than cup (metric), simply click on the "Reset" button.
About cup (metric)
The cup (metric) is a unit of volume equal to 0.00025 cubic meters (1 cup (metric) = 0.00025 m3), the derived unit of volume in the International System of Units (SI).
The cup (metric) is also equal to 250,000 cubic millimeters (mm3), or 250 cubic centimeters (cm3) or 0.25 cubic decimeters (dm3) (units of volume in the SI), or 250 milliliters (mL), or 25 centiliters (cL), or 2.5 deciliters (dL) or 0.25 liters (L), which are units of volume in the metric system.
The cup definition varies as follows:
- The cup (UK), equal to 284.1 milliliters or 284.1 cubic centimeters
- The cup (US), equal to 236.59 milliliters or 236.59 cubic centimeters
- The cup (metric), equal to 250 milliliters or 250 cubic centimeters
- The cup (Canada), equal to 227.3 milliliters or 227.3 cubic centimeters
- The cup (Japan), equal to 200 milliliters or 200 cubic centimeters
- The cup (FDA), equal to 240 milliliters or 240 cubic centimeters
The cup (metric) is used as a unit of volume in cooking recipes.
Plural: cups (metric)
Also called: metric cup (plural: metric cups)