Cup (UK) conversions
The cup (UK) conversion selector above selects the volume measurement unit to convert to starting from cups (UK). To make a conversion starting from a unit of volume other than cup (UK), simply click on the "Reset" button.
About cup (UK)
The cup (UK) is a unit of volume in the Imperial system of units equal to 2.84130625 × 10-4 cubic meters (1 cup (UK) = 2.84130625 × 10-4 m3), the derived unit of volume in the International System of Units (SI).
The cup (UK) is also equal to 284,130.625 cubic millimeters (mm3), or 284.130625 cubic centimeters (cm3) or 0.284130625 cubic decimeters (dm3) (units of volume in the SI), or 284.130625 milliliters (mL), or 28.4130625 centiliters (cL), or 2.84130625 deciliters (dL) or 0.284130625 liters (L), which are units of volume in the metric system.
The cup definition varies as follows:
- The cup (UK), equal to 0.02841 decaliters or 284.1 cubic centimeters
- The cup (US), equal to 0.023659 decaliters or 236.59 cubic centimeters
- The cup (metric), equal to 0.025 decaliters or 250 cubic centimeters
- The cup (Canada), equal to 0.02273 decaliters or 227.3 cubic centimeters
- The cup (Japan), equal to 0.02 decaliters or 200 cubic centimeters
- The cup (FDA), equal to 0.024 decaliters or 240 cubic centimeters
Plural: cups (UK)
Also called: Imperial cup (plural: Imperial cups)