Horsepower (mechanical) conversions
The horsepower (mechanical) conversion selector here selects the power measurement unit to convert to starting from horsepower (mechanical) (hp). To make a conversion starting from a unit of power other than horsepower (mechanical), simply click on the "Reset" button.
About horsepower (mechanical)
The mechanical horsepower is a unit of power equal to 745.6998716 watts (1 mechanical hp = 745.6998716 W), the derived unit of power in the International System of Units (SI).
The mechanical horsepower (hp) is also equal to 0.7456998716 kilowatts (kW), or 7.456998716 × 10-4 megawatts (MW), or 7.456998716 × 10-7 gigawatts (GW), or 2,544.433579 British thermal units (IT) per hour (BTU/h), or 641.6155695 kilocalories (thermochemical) per hour (kcal/h) or 1.014 horsepower (metric) (hp).
The horsepower definition varies as follows:
- The mechanical horsepower or Imperial horsepower is equal to 745.699872 watts
- The electrical horsepower is equal to 746 watts
- The hydraulic horsepower is equal to 745.699872 watts
- The metric horsepower is equal to 735.49875 watts
- The boiler horsepower or steam horsepower is equal to 9,810.657 watts
Plural: horsepower (mechanical)