Horsepower (hydraulic) conversions
The horsepower (hydraulic) conversion selector here selects the power measurement unit to convert to starting from horsepower (hydraulic) (hp). To make a conversion starting from a unit of power other than horsepower (hydraulic), simply click on the "Reset" button.
About horsepower (hydraulic)
The hydraulic horsepower is a unit of power equal to 745.6998716 watts (1 hydraulic hp = 745.6998716 W), the derived unit of power in the International System of Units (SI).
The hydraulic horsepower (hp) is also equal to 0.7456998716 kilowatts (kW), or 7.456998716 × 10-4 megawatts (MW), or 7.456998716 × 10-7 gigawatts (GW), or 2,544.433579 British thermal units (IT) per hour (BTU/h), or 641.6155695 kilocalories (thermochemical) per hour (kcal/h) or 1.014 horsepower (metric) (hp).
The horsepower definition varies as follows:
- The mechanical horsepower (hp) or Imperial horsepower (hp) is equal to 745.699872 watts (W)
- The electrical horsepower (hp) is equal to 746 watts (W)
- The hydraulic horsepower (hp) is equal to 745.699872 watts (W)
- The metric horsepower (hp) is equal to 735.49875 watts (W)
- The boiler horsepower (hp) or steam horsepower (hp) is equal to 9,810.657 watts (W)
Plural: horsepower (hydraulic)