Troy ounce conversions
The troy ounce conversion selector here selects the mass/weight measurement unit to convert to starting from troy ounces (oz t). To make a conversion starting from a unit of mass other than troy ounce, simply click on the "Reset" button.
About troy ounce
The international troy ounce is a unit of mass in the Imperial and US customary systems of units equal to 0.0311034768 kilograms (1 oz t = 0.0311034768 kg), the base unit of mass in the International System of Units (SI).
The troy ounce (oz t) is also equal to 31.1034768 grams (g), or 31,103.4768 milligrams (mg) or 31.1034768 × 106 micrograms (μg) (SI units of mass), or 0.0685714286 pounds (lb), or 1.09714286 ounces (oz) or 480 grains (gr), which are US customary / Imperial units of mass.
The ounce definition varies depending on the system of units used, as follows:
- The avoirdupois ounce (or simply "ounce"), equal to 28.349523125 grams
- The troy ounce, equal to 31.1034768 grams
- The Apothecaries ounce, equal to 31.1034768 grams
- The Dutch metric ounce, equal to 100 grams
- The Spanish ounce, equal to 28.75 grams
- The Chinese metric ounce, equal to 50 grams
- The Maria Theresa ounce, equal to 28.0668 grams
The troy ounce is used as a unit of mass for precious metals such as gold, silver and platinum.
Symbol: oz t
Plural: troy ounces