The tonne conversion selector here selects the mass/weight measurement unit to convert to starting from tonnes (t). To make a conversion starting from a unit of mass other than tonne, simply click on the "Reset" button.
The tonne (also megagram, metric ton or metric tonne) is a unit of mass in the metric system equal to 1,000 kilograms (1 t = 1,000 kg), the base unit of mass in the International System of Units (SI).
One tonne (t) is also equal to 106 grams (g) or 109 milligrams (mg) (SI units of mass), or 1.102311 short tons (a US customary unit of mass), or 0.984206 long tons (an Imperial unit of mass), or approximately 2,204.62 pounds (lb) or 35,273.96 ounces (oz), which are US customary / Imperial units of mass.
The tonne is a non-SI unit of mass but officially accepted for use along with other SI units.
Also known as: metric ton (plural: metric tons, used in the US), metric tonne (plural: metric tonnes), megagram (plural: megagrams, symbol: Mg, the SI units and prefixes)
Tonne conversions: a detailed list with conversions from tonnes to other (metric, imperial, or customary) mass and weight measurement units is displayed below.
- tonne to atomic mass unit (t to amu)
- tonne to carat (t to ct)
- tonne to centigram (t to cg)
- tonne to crith
- tonne to dalton (t to Da)
- tonne to decigram (t to dg)
- tonne to dram (t to dr)
- tonne to electron mass (t to me)
- tonne to grain (t to gr)
- tonne to gram (t to g)
- tonne to hundredweight (UK) (t to cwt)
- tonne to hundredweight (US) (t to cwt)
- tonne to kilogram (t to kg)
- tonne to kilotonne (t to kt)
- tonne to kip
- tonne to long ton
- tonne to metric grain (t to metric gr)
- tonne to metric pound (t to metric lb)
- tonne to metric ton (t to t)
- tonne to microgram (t to μg)
- tonne to milligram (t to mg)
- tonne to nanogram (t to ng)
- tonne to ounce (t to oz)
- tonne to pennyweight (t to dwt)
- tonne to picogram (t to pg)
- tonne to pound (t to lb)
- tonne to quarter (UK) (t to qtr)
- tonne to quarter (US) (t to qtr)
- tonne to quintal
- tonne to short ton
- tonne to troy ounce (t to oz t)
- tonne to troy pound (t to lb t)