The gram conversion selector here selects the mass/weight measurement unit to convert to starting from grams (g). To make a conversion starting from a unit of mass other than gram, simply click on the "Reset" button.
The gram is a unit of mass in the metric system equal to one thousandth of a kilogram (1 g = 0.001 kg), the base unit of mass in the International System of Units (SI).
One gram (g) is also equal to 1,000 milligrams (mg), or 106 micrograms (μg) or 109 nanograms (ng) (SI units of mass), or approximately 0.00220462 pounds (lb) or 0.03527396 ounces (oz), which are US customary / Imperial units of mass.
The base unit of mass in the SI is the kilogram. However, within the name or symbol of an SI unit of mass the SI prefixes are used in combination with "gram" and not "kilogram" which already has a prefix (kilo-) included in its name.
The gram is commonly used worldwide as a unit of mass / weight in technical and scientific publications, in healthcare settings, and for solid ingredients in grocery shopping and cooking.
Also known as: gramme (plural: grammes, traditional British-English spelling)
Subdivisions and multiples of the gram using SI prefixes
|Subdivisions of the gram|
|Multiples of the gram|
Gram conversions: a detailed list with conversions from grams to other (metric, imperial, or customary) mass and weight measurement units is shown below.
- gram to atomic mass unit (g to amu)
- gram to carat (g to ct)
- gram to centigram (g to cg)
- gram to crith
- gram to dalton (g to Da)
- gram to decigram (g to dg)
- gram to dram (g to dr)
- gram to electron mass (g to me)
- gram to grain (g to gr)
- gram to hundredweight (UK) (g to cwt)
- gram to hundredweight (US) (g to cwt)
- gram to kilogram (g to kg)
- gram to kilotonne (g to kt)
- gram to kip
- gram to long ton
- gram to metric grain (g to metric gr)
- gram to metric pound (g to metric lb)
- gram to metric ton (g to t)
- gram to microgram (g to μg)
- gram to milligram (g to mg)
- gram to nanogram (g to ng)
- gram to ounce (g to oz)
- gram to pennyweight (g to dwt)
- gram to picogram (g to pg)
- gram to pound (g to lb)
- gram to quarter (UK) (g to qtr)
- gram to quarter (US) (g to qtr)
- gram to quintal
- gram to short ton
- gram to tonne (g to t)
- gram to troy ounce (g to oz t)
- gram to troy pound (g to lb t)