The grain conversion selector above selects the mass/weight measurement unit to convert to starting from grains (gr). To make a conversion starting from a unit of mass other than grain, simply click on the "Reset" button.
The grain is a unit of mass in the Imperial and US customary systems of units equal to 0.06479891 × 10-3 kilograms (1 gr = 0.06479891 × 10-3 kg), the base unit of mass in the International System of Units (SI).
One grain (gr) is also equal to 0.06479891 grams (g), or 64.79891 milligrams (mg) or 64,798.91 micrograms (μg) (SI units of mass), or about 1.428571 × 10-4 pounds (lb) or 0.0022857 ounces (oz), which are US customary / Imperial units of mass.
The grain definition varies depending on the system of units used, as follows:
- 1 grain = 1 avoirdupois grain = 1 troy grain = 1 Apothecaries grain = 64.79891 milligrams
- 1 metric grain = 1 pearl grain = 50 milligrams
The grain is commonly used to measure the hardness of water, the mass of gunpowder, smokeless powder and bullets, and occasionally in medical prescriptions.
Grain conversions: a compehensive list with conversions from grains to other (metric, imperial, or customary) mass and weight measurement units is displayed below.
- grain to atomic mass unit (gr to amu)
- grain to carat (gr to ct)
- grain to centigram (gr to cg)
- grain to crith
- grain to dalton (gr to Da)
- grain to decigram (gr to dg)
- grain to dram (gr to dr)
- grain to electron mass (gr to me)
- grain to gram (gr to g)
- grain to hundredweight (UK) (gr to cwt)
- grain to hundredweight (US) (gr to cwt)
- grain to kilogram (gr to kg)
- grain to kilotonne (gr to kt)
- grain to kip
- grain to long ton
- grain to metric grain (gr to metric gr)
- grain to metric pound (gr to metric lb)
- grain to metric ton (gr to t)
- grain to microgram (gr to μg)
- grain to milligram (gr to mg)
- grain to nanogram (gr to ng)
- grain to ounce (gr to oz)
- grain to pennyweight (gr to dwt)
- grain to picogram (gr to pg)
- grain to pound (gr to lb)
- grain to quarter (UK) (gr to qtr)
- grain to quarter (US) (gr to qtr)
- grain to quintal
- grain to short ton
- grain to tonne (gr to t)
- grain to troy ounce (gr to oz t)
- grain to troy pound (gr to lb t)