The carat conversion selector above selects the mass/weight measurement unit to convert to starting from carats (ct). To make a conversion starting from a unit of mass other than carat, simply click on the "Reset" button.
The carat (or metric carat) is a unit of mass in the metric system, equal to 0.2 × 10-3 kilograms (1 carat = 0.2 × 10-3 kg), the base unit of mass in the International System of Units (SI).
The carat (ct) is also equal to 200 milligrams (mg) or 0.2 grams (g) (SI units of mass), or approximately 4.409245 × 10-4 pounds (lb) or 0.007055 ounces (oz), which are US customary / Imperial units of mass.
Over time various carats have been recorded, examples of which include:
- The Romans and Greeks carat called "solidus", equal to about 189 milligrams
- The Egypt carat in the Byzantine period, equal to about 196 milligrams
- The Syrian carat in the First Millennium CE, equal to about 212 milligrams
The carat is used in many countries around the world as a unit of mass for pearls and gemstones.
The term "carat" (plural: carats, symbol: ct) or "karat" (plural: karats, symbol: kt, US spelling) is also used as a unit of purity for gold alloy (the pure gold = 24-carats).
Also called: metric carat (plural: metric carats)
Carat conversions: a detailed list with conversions from carats to other (metric, imperial, or customary) mass and weight measurement units is displayed below.
- carat to atomic mass unit (ct to amu)
- carat to centigram (ct to cg)
- carat to crith
- carat to dalton (ct to Da)
- carat to decigram (ct to dg)
- carat to dram (ct to dr)
- carat to electron mass (ct to me)
- carat to grain (ct to gr)
- carat to gram (ct to g)
- carat to hundredweight (UK) (ct to cwt)
- carat to hundredweight (US) (ct to cwt)
- carat to kilogram (ct to kg)
- carat to kilotonne (ct to kt)
- carat to kip
- carat to long ton
- carat to metric grain (ct to metric gr)
- carat to metric pound (ct to metric lb)
- carat to metric ton (ct to t)
- carat to microgram (ct to μg)
- carat to milligram (ct to mg)
- carat to nanogram (ct to ng)
- carat to ounce (ct to oz)
- carat to pennyweight (ct to dwt)
- carat to picogram (ct to pg)
- carat to pound (ct to lb)
- carat to quarter (UK) (ct to qtr)
- carat to quarter (US) (ct to qtr)
- carat to quintal
- carat to short ton
- carat to tonne (ct to t)
- carat to troy ounce (ct to oz t)
- carat to troy pound (ct to lb t)