The pound-force conversion selector above selects the force measurement unit to convert to starting from pounds-force (lbf). To make a conversion starting from a unit of force other than pound-force, simply click on the "Reset" button.
The pound-force is a unit of force equal to 4.448221615 newtons (1 lbf = 4.448221615 N), the SI derived unit of force.
The pound-force (lbf) is also equal to 4,448,221.615 micronewtons (μN), or 4,448.221615 millinewtons (mN), 444.8221615 centinewtons (cN), or 0.4448221615 decanewtons (daN) or 0.004448221615 kilonewtons (kN), which are units of force in the SI.
The pound-force represents the amount of force applied by a mass of one avoirdupois pound in a gravitational field:
1 lbf = 1 lb × 9.80665 m/s2
Also known as: pound (plural: pounds, abbreviation: lb), pound force (plural: pounds force)
Pound-force conversions: a detailed list with conversions from pounds-force to other (metric, imperial, or customary) force measurement units is shown below.
- pound-force to centinewton (lbf to cN)
- pound-force to decanewton (lbf to daN)
- pound-force to dyne (lbf to dyn)
- pound-force to gram-force (lbf to gf)
- pound-force to kilogram-force (lbf to kgf)
- pound-force to kilonewton (lbf to kN)
- pound-force to kilopond (lbf to kp)
- pound-force to kip (lbf to kip)
- pound-force to meganewton (lbf to MN)
- pound-force to micronewton (lbf to μN)
- pound-force to millinewton (lbf to mN)
- pound-force to Newton (lbf to N)
- pound-force to ounce-force (lbf to ozf)
- pound-force to poundal (lbf to pdl)
- pound-force to sthene (lbf to sn)
- pound-force to tonne-force (lbf to tnf)