The gram-force conversion selector on this page selects the force measurement unit to convert to starting from grams-force (gf). To make a conversion starting from a unit of force other than gram-force, simply click on the "Reset" button.
The gram-force is a unit of force in the centimetre-gram-second (CGS) gravitational system of units equal to 0.00980665 newtons (1 gf = 0.00980665 N), the SI derived unit of force.
The gram-force (gf) is also equal to 9,806.65 micronewtons (μN), or 9.80665 millinewtons (mN), or 0.000980665 decanewtons (daN) or 9.80665 × 10-6 kilonewtons (kN), which are units of force in the SI.
The gram-force represents the amount of force applied by a mass of one gram in a gravitational field:
1 gf = 1 g × 9.80665 m/s2
Also called: pond, fors, gram-weight, gram force (plural: grams force)
Gram-force conversions: a list with conversions from grams-force to other (metric, imperial, or customary) force measurement units is given below.
- gram-force to centinewton (gf to cN)
- gram-force to decanewton (gf to daN)
- gram-force to dyne (gf to dyn)
- gram-force to kilogram-force (gf to kgf)
- gram-force to kilonewton (gf to kN)
- gram-force to kilopond (gf to kp)
- gram-force to kip (gf to kip)
- gram-force to meganewton (gf to MN)
- gram-force to micronewton (gf to μN)
- gram-force to millinewton (gf to mN)
- gram-force to Newton (gf to N)
- gram-force to ounce-force (gf to ozf)
- gram-force to pound-force (gf to lbf)
- gram-force to poundal (gf to pdl)
- gram-force to sthene (gf to sn)
- gram-force to tonne-force (gf to tnf)