Tablespoon (FDA) conversions
The tablespoon (FDA) conversion selector here selects the volume measurement unit to convert to starting from tablespoons (FDA) (tbsp). To make a conversion starting from a unit of volume other than tablespoon (FDA), simply click on the "Reset" button.
About tablespoon (FDA)
The tablespoon (FDA) is a unit of volume equal to 1.5 × 10-5 cubic meters (1 tbsp (FDA) = 1.5 × 10-5 m3), the derived unit of volume in the International System of Units (SI).
The tablespoon (FDA) is also equal to 15,000 cubic millimeters (mm3), or 15 cubic centimeters (cm3) or 0.015 cubic decimeters (dm3) (units of volume in the SI), or 15,000 microliters (μL), or 15 milliliters (mL), or 0.15 deciliters (dL) or 0.015 liters (L), which are units of volume in the metric system.
The tablespoon definition varies as follows:
- The Imperial tablespoon or tablespoon (UK), equal to 0.01776 liters
- The US customary tablespoon or tablespoon (US), equal to 0.01479 liters
- The Australian tablespoon or tablespoon (Australia), equal to 0.02 liters
- The Canadian tablespoon or tablespoon (Canada), equal to 0.0142 liters
- The metric tablespoon or tablespoon (metric), equal to 0.015 liters
- The tablespoon (FDA), equal to 0.015 liters
The tablespoon (FDA) is used in the United States for nutritional labeling purposes.
FDA is an abbreviation for "Food and Drug Administration".
Plural: tablespoons (FDA)
Also known as: tablespoonful