The barye conversion selector on this page selects the pressure/stress measurement unit to convert to starting from baryes (Ba). To make a conversion starting from a unit of pressure other than barye, simply click on the "Reset" button.
The barye is a unit of pressure in the centimetre-gram-second (CGS) system of units equal to 0.1 pascals (1 Ba = 0.1 Pa), the SI derived unit of pressure.
The barye (Ba) is also equal to 0.001 hectopascals (hPa), or 0.0001 kilopascals (kPa), or about 9.86923267 × 10-7 atmospheres (atm), or 10-6 bars (bar), or 7.50062 × 10-4 millimeters of mercury at 0 °C (mmHg), or 0.000401463 inches of water at 4 °C (inH2O), or 1.45038 × 10-5 pounds per square inch (psi), or 2.088543 × 10-3 pounds per square foot (psf) or 7.50062 × 10-4 torr (Torr).
The barye is equal to one dyne per square centimeter or 0.1 newtons per square meter (1 Ba = 1 dyn/cm2 = 0.1 N/m2). The dyne (dyn) and newton (N) are units of force while the square centimeter (cm2) and square meter (m2) are units of area.
Also known as: barie, barrie, bary, baryd, baryed, barad
Barye conversions: a compehensive list with conversions from baryes to other (metric, imperial, or customary) pressure and stress measurement units is given below.
- barye to atmosphere (standard) (Ba to atm)
- barye to atmosphere (technical) (Ba to at)
- barye to bar (Ba to bar)
- barye to centibar (Ba to cbar)
- barye to centimeter of mercury (Ba to cmHg)
- barye to centimeter of water (Ba to cmH2O)
- barye to decibar (Ba to dbar)
- barye to dyne per square centimeter (Ba to dyn/cm²)
- barye to gigabar (Ba to Gbar)
- barye to gigapascal (Ba to GPa)
- barye to hectopascal (Ba to hPa)
- barye to inch of mercury (Ba to inHg)
- barye to inch of water (Ba to inH2O)
- barye to kilobar (Ba to kbar)
- barye to kilogram-force per square centimeter (Ba to kgf/cm²)
- barye to kilogram-force per square millimeter (Ba to kgf/mm²)
- barye to kilopascal (Ba to kPa)
- barye to kip per square inch (Ba to ksi)
- barye to megabar (Ba to Mbar)
- barye to megapascal (Ba to MPa)
- barye to millibar (Ba to mbar)
- barye to millimeter of mercury (Ba to mmHg)
- barye to millimeter of water (Ba to mmH2O)
- barye to millipascal (Ba to mPa)
- barye to newton per square meter (Ba to N/m²)
- barye to newton per square millimeter (Ba to N/mm²)
- barye to pascal (Ba to Pa)
- barye to pieze (Ba to pz)
- barye to pound per square foot (Ba to psf)
- barye to pound per square inch (Ba to psi)
- barye to torr (Ba to Torr)